Friday, July 22, 2011

Paper Playtime Challenge #50

Sigh of relief! I barely made the deadline for paperplaytime.blogspot.com summer theme challenge for this week. I was torn between two summer related dies in my mini cricut library. Can you guess what they were? The sun was one observably and the ladder was an umbrella. I guess I could have used them both but I needed to keep this one short and sweet. I can only hope my take on summer will shine as bright as other entries. I have never seen so many beautiful creations on a blog challenge before. I know that I am a newbie to crafting but my goodness! I have never heard of copic markers and digital stamping before until this very day. I am so "pro cricut" that I totally missed out on a very different yet creative approach to crafting. For those of you who use the copics for this challenge (Wendy Made Cammi and Mary C just to name a few) you have great patience and profound coloring techniques. I told myself that I would love to try but thought twice after seeing the prices for a set of copic markers. I rather have a closet full of the lastest Steve Madden shoe collection:) Well without further ado I present to you my simple (and I do emphasize the word simple) version of summer! I hope you enjoy and as always please feel free to leave me comments and helpful tips.

 front view


inside view

3 comments:

  1. This, to me, is summer! :) You did a great job. I'm with you on copics. I don't have the patience. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime.
    Tana @ A Caffeinated Crafter

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so fabulous! I can feel the sunshine, Brit! I'm opposite with you....I like stamps and inks and copics (Not a great color-er, but I do a little bit and yes, it is pricey). Somehow I'm intimidated by Cricut machine! It's still sitting in my the box and it was a Christmas present!! I don't know when I will get it out to play... Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card Brit! I love those clouds!

    I'm with Virginia... a bit intimidated by the Cricut and all the dies you would need... Plus I really enjoy the colouring in... it's so relaxing!

    I think though that if I had places to wear them I would probably opt for the fab shoes instead of the copics too!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete