Sunday, July 17, 2011

Cricut Cardz Challenge #83 and Birthday Sundaes Challenge #18

So its Sunday and boy do I have a scrap-hang over! I literary scrapped all day Saturday, from the time I woke til my body give out on me. I don't know what got into me but I loved it! I was able to create a birthday card for two challenges (cricutcardzchallenge.blogspot.com/ and birthdaysundaes.blogspot.com/). I also made two other card bases for other challenges later on this week. One challenge in particular stood out to me the most because it was dedicated to grandparents. Unfortunately both of my grandparents passed away when I was in high school. With loving memories and great emotions flowing through me, I decided to participate in honor of my beloved grandparents. To me there is no love greater than the love from my "Pop Paul" and "Big Mama"! I loved going out to the country with my grandfather to help him feed the cows. It was always a plus when he let me drive and took me to Love's  for a "ham n american sandwich". My grandmother was the best cook in the world (no offense to any great cooks out there)! My favorite was her homemade biscuits. Do you  know the saying "This food is so good that it makes me want to slap my mama"? Well I most admit, I would have if I thought for one second that I would have gotten away with it. I know my mom all to well. She would have beat me down and than asked if i heard of a saying "This food is so good that it makes me want to slap my daughter". Any who I wanted to make the card feel as if it was suppose to be for my grandmother. I wanted the card to be aged and soft so I inked the entire card alone with its embellishments. So without further ado, I present to you my diamond fold card. I hope you enjoy and please feel free to leave comments and tips!






4 comments:

  1. Very pretty, love your style, great job! Thanks so much for joining CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking time to stop by to look at my creations. Your thoughtful praises means alot to me as a new craftier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful day! Your card is beautiful! The colors are gorgeous and it is such a fun fold! I loved your story too :) Thanks for playing with us at Birthday Sundaes!
    I hope you'll join us again next week!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete