Wednesday, August 3, 2011

CFC13-The Long and Short of it

Cas-ual Fridays design team has driven me to my limit this week! I had the hardest time resisting the urge to fill  my white card base with the cutest embellishments. Now I know how Edward felt when he first met Bella. But of course you know what happens after that right? The love that Edward has for Bella, makes him strong enough to resist her sweet singing blood. Well Edward I too will resist! I'm going to stay true to the challenge and embrace the white space. Thanks to the cutest animated creature since Mini Mouse, I was able to simply create my first 4 by 9 card. What character has more lovable appeal than Mini you may say?  I will give you a few clues. She has long blonde hair, the cutest white dress, and is blue all over. Yeap, you guessed it! Smurfette. After seeing the preview for "The Smurfs " I just had to capture her sassy personality for this challenge. So without further ado, I present to you "You're so Smurfette ". I hope you enjoy and as always feel free to leave comment and helpful tips!







3 comments:

  1. Ack! I LOVE it! Such a great inspiration for your card and those ribbons are fab, love the smurfette tag with the rhinsestone! Fabulous CAS design :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What awesome ribbon for that white space and great with the pop of yellow! Love that you used smurfette for inspiration. Thank you so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies for your kind comments! It may knock your socks off, when I tell you that the yellow ruffle strip is...(wait for it)... ACTUALLY PAPER!

    ReplyDelete